Wednesday, October 23, 2013

27 years of me

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to. And really, I kind of feel like shedding a tear or two. 27 just feels old to me, wah wah. It's an odd, in-between age and I'll admit I like 25 a lot better. Despite all that, I'm so excited to find out what my 27th year of life has in store for me!

In honor of my birthday, I'm going to share 27 random facts about me for your reading pleasure. Lucky you ;)

me back in 1989 at around two and half
remind you of anyone?

one | I like cookies
two | I only wash my hair three times a week
three | cooking and baking have become favorite activities as I've gotten older
four | Public Radio is on nearly all day every day in my house
five | watching my chickens scratch around their yard relaxes me and always puts me in a better mood
six | I play piano, french horn, trumpet, and guitar and I sang in choir in high school
seven | speaking of music, my 'comfort' music that I can always listen to includes Simon & Garfunkel, John Denver, Jewel, Gordon Lightfoot, Bob Dylan, Loreena McKennitt, and Ray Lamontagne.
eight | I've never lived outside of Alaska
nine | I've never been east of Michigan (but I want to!)
ten | Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Illinois, Michigan, and Indiana - all the states I've visited.
eleven | I have at least three times as many books as clothes
twelve | X Files is my guilty pleasure right now and I'm always trying to squeeze one or two in during naptime
thirteen | I may or may not have a crush on Agent Mulder
fourteen | I don't have cable tv, just bunny ears
fifteen | I lived without running water in my cabin for a year in college
sixteen | high school sports: cross-country skiing and cross-country running
seventeen | I spend two to four hours outside nearly every single day
eighteen | bangs are my thing, I've always had them
nineteen | I can't stand when my fingernails are longer than my fingertips and I always have nail clippers with me just in case
twenty | I wish I could draw and paint well but I'm pretty much horrible at both
twenty-one | I love houseplants and am slowly adding more and more to our space
twenty-two | spring, summer, fall, and winter are my favorite season ;)
twenty-three | I lied on my vision test when I was little because I wanted glasses
twenty-four | my favorite books when I was a kid were the Emily of New Moon series by L.M. Montgomery
twenty-five | since having Riggs I'm the lightest sleeper ever
twenty-six | I've never broken a bone
twenty-seven | I still feel like I'm 19 years old, what happened?

23 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to you! I, personally, can't wait to turn 27 because it's my golden birthday :)

    Things that we have in common:
    -Love of cookies :)
    -We play the piano
    -No cable TV
    -Love of houseplants
    -Never broken a bone


    Loved this list! Happy birthday again, do something wonderful to pamper yourself!


    ♡ Natalie of LIVE TEACH ALASKA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I grew up on Simon & Garfunkel, John Denver, Gordon Lightfoot and their pals as well...hubby makes fun of me, but I love 'em, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting from the Blog Hop! I'm also 27! I liked this list, especially #14. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laughter before bedtime! Too funny!
    You way to write those points is hilarious, don´t know why!?
    Would you mind to take your idea and I do this for my next birthday!?


    I would love to visit Alaska! Would this be cool if I would someday? I think so! So... see you 2025 honeybunny, haha! (just thought about the fact that Lina and Riggy have an interesting age then... oh oh!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I've been reading your blog for a while, finally posting a comment. A birthday seems like a good excuse to say hello! I've really enjoyed your blog and all your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This may sound creepy, but if I still lived in AK, I think we'd be good friends! haha And I agree, even though 27 isn't old, this year I have definitely been reminded of and more aware of my age more than ever. We're not spring chickens anymore! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. #17! Yes! I've never broken a bone either...which is shocking since I grew up competetively riding and showing horses and was kind of into extreme adventure sports for a couple of years. Thanks for sharing...so good to get to know you better. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah @ Joyful LifeOctober 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

    Bah, love this list! Happy Birthday!! :) I laughed out loud at the x-files and agent Mulder. Totally loved him back in the day. Also, same same #17 Ive never broken a bone either! Um Also, loved how you listed Canada as a state... haha! no offence taken. Oh AND, did you know that I LIVE in Emily of New Moon land? That is to say that I live in Prince Edward Island where it takes place? And Anne of Green Gables too... You would like it here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful BIRTHDAY Whitney :) I hope you celebrate by playing the happy birthday tune with all your instruments, then bake while watch an episode of x-files (double whammy)....then hang outside for 2-4 hours or somethin!


    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Natalie! it's fun to see things I have in common with everyone! Hope you have a lovely weekend with a little 'me' time - you've been so busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such good music! I'm forever thankful to my parents for introducing them all to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kelly! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha you should definitely take this idea! I love learning more about people through these little random facts posts! Please come and visit!!! We can arrange a wedding for Riggs and Lina lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww I'm so glad you enjoy my blog Charisse! Thanks for following along and for your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Mar! Why did you have to move back home?! We sooo would have friends!! At least we can be blog friends :) And "We're not spring chickens anymore" made me laugh out loud - sounds exactly like something my sisters and I would say to each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is crazy! I haven't really done many extreme adventure sports, just running and skiing and I'm not a very adventurous downhill skier so I'm really not surprised that I haven't broken any bones :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. HANNAH!!! Ok when you said you lived on an island in Canada I immediately thought of PEI but then I thought no, it couldn't be true. I am so incredibly jealous of you right now! I think that's the only other place I would live other than AK and be completely and utterly happy:) And I didn't even notice that I listed Canada as a state, how rude! Now I have to go edit it...I love Canada and definitely have day dreams about living there sometimes. Do you love it?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thank you Marta!! haha that bit about playing all my instruments - so funny! I didn't do any baking but I did manage to get in an x-file after riggy went to bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hannah @ Joyful LifeOctober 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM

    Haha! SO funny. Yep. Thats where I live. I truly truly LOVE it here. I grew up here but have lived in British Columbia, Australia and Africa and though I love travelling and seeing other places, there is really no place I would rather be than here. Its just as dreamy as you think it is. Seriously! Definitely something special about it. You should come for a visit! :) I'll show ya around! I have actually been thinking about doing a "My Hometown" post or a "PEI" post so once I get some good pictures I will definitely do it. Canada in general though is just a pretty awesome country!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwwww, I love this!! I hope you had a FANTASTIC DAY!! Oh and I feel you on Nineteen! I don't know when that started, however,the minute I see white, i start trimming :/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This was so cool! I know what you mean about turning 27. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I told a coworker that I was going to be 27 by the time he was born, and she said "Oh that's so perfect! You're like...not too old but you're not young either!" LOL. So...yeah. But I'm 29 now so 27 seems very young :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh - and I failed to mention Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FRIEND! Laughed out loud on 23. I remember being a kid on the school bus SUPER jealous of those with glasses and retainers... Bahaha!

    ReplyDelete